Year of Establishment : U.G-:1982 P.G. : 2009
Research Centre on 2008
Department of Chemistry got fund of 50 lakh from DST-FIST, Delhi. Under this funding we have established a well furnished Instrumentation Laboratory with FTIR, HPLC, UV Visible Spectrophotometer as well as we have established 4 computerized lab with internet facility.
- Department of Chemistry, established in is one the of most renowned departments of this college.
- The Department has Sponsored by DST-FIST, New- Delhi, laboratory includes HPLC, AAS, FTIR, UV- spectrophotometer
- More than 10 research papers in various National and International Journals have been published by the faculty members of the department.
- The department has sufficient number of advanced and sophisticated instruments for conducting practicals ,project work and research.
• Department of Chemistry has facility to guide the students in SET, NET and GATE examinations. About 10 students passed SET/NET/GATE examination.
• Department of Chemistry is recognized center for Ph.D. Department of Chemistry is in collaboration with National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, Department of Chemistry, Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune, Agharkar Research Institute Pune. Assura Pharma training,Sangli and Calyx Pharmaceutical Ltd,Mumbai for research and other academic activities.
• Department has a separate placement Cell. Department of Chemistry arranges campus interviews for B.Sc. and M.Sc. students. Arranged interview at Different companies like Calyx pharmaceuticals, Mumbai, Cipla Ltd,Kurkumbh,Pune, Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Pune. Sun pharmaceuticals ,Ahmednagar.Glenmark Pharmaceutical,Goa frequently visit the department for guest lectures/seminars/conference.
• Department has computer facility with internet facility.
1] To organize International and National level conference.
2] Strengthening of PG
3] Academic Improvement.
4] Industrial interactions
5] Strengthening research activities
6] Improving campus placement
7] Social Awareness
|Sr.No.||Name of the course||Duration||Eligibility||Intake capacity||Admission procedure|
|3 years||12th Pass Science||120||As per the norms of Savitribai Phule Pune University and Government of Maharashtra|
M.Sc Organic Chemistry
|2 Years||B.Sc Chemistry||24||As per the norms of Savitribai Phule Pune University and Government of Maharashtra|
|3 Years||M.Sc||–||As per the norms of Savitribai Phule Pune University and Government of Maharashtra|
|Head & Assistant Professor||Chemistry|