The University of Pune started Electronic Science as a separate discipline in the Science stream in 1985-86. SCS College was one of the first among few Colleges in Pune University to start Electronic Science as a Principal Subject at B. Sc. Level. The Department of Electronic Science was formally established as a separate Department from June 1994. Prof. Dr U.R. Lahane was Head of the Department from 1994 to 2019. Presently Dr R.M. Shirke is working as Head of the Department. The Department has 2 faculty members with Doctorate degree and 2 faculty members with UGC qualified NET-SET degree. More than 10 research papers in various National and International Journals have been published by the faculty members of the department.
• Year of Establishment : UG – June 1987
• Former Head of Department, Dr U. R. Lahane awarded Ph. D on 22 July 2003.
• Present Head of Department, Dr R. M. Shirke awarded Ph. D on April 19,2003.
• Assistant Professor Mr. Dhake P. A. qualified UGC NET in October 2013 and SET IN June 2014.
• Assistant Professor Mr. Nimbhore S. V. qualified UGC NET in June 2014.
• The department has sufficient number of advanced and sophisticated instruments for conducting practical, project work and research.
• Department of Electronic Science have established a well-furnished Laboratory with Keithley Model 6517B Electrometer, N4L Model PMS 1735 Phase Sensitive Multi-meter, CROs, Signal Generators, Multi-meters as well as we have number of Experimental Kits, Microcontroller Kits, computer lab with internet facility.
• Department of Electronic Science have conducted e-Waste Management program.
• Department of Electronic Science have organized No Vehicle Day Program.
1] Academic Improvement.
2] Industrial interactions
3] Strengthening research activities
4] Improving placement
5] Social Awareness
|Sr.No.||Name of the course||Duration||Eligibility||Intake capacity||Admission procedure|
B. Sc. Electronic Science
|3 years||12th Pass Science||120||As per norms of Savitribai Phule Pune University and Government of Maharashtra|
|Head & Assistant Professor||Electronics|